WhatsApp is planning to roll out a feature that lets users link their smartphones with the desktop and web app using biometrics.
- Now you can securely log in to your WhatsApp Account on PC using fingerprint, face, and Iris, depending on the smartphone you have.
- WhatsApp even divulged that all the biometric authentication is backed up by end-to-end encryption, and no one can track this data, not even WhatsApp.
The messaging behemoth WhatsApp has introduced a new feature that lets you log in to the Web and Desktop app using biometrics. As per the experts, this feature will make WhatsApp web more safe and secure. Before this feature, the users scanned their QR codes for logging in, which wasn’t that safe.
However, not all WhatsApp users have got this latest feature yet. So, log in to WhatsApp Web and check if you have acquired access to this feature or not.
WhatsApp Web Biometric Authentication: Information
Yes, this feature will surely add security as logging in to WhatsApp Web and desktop app will not require authentication. The authentication will depend on your smartphones, such as fingerprint, iris, and face detection. The WhatsApp app installed on your smartphone will ask for authentication whenever you click on the WhatsApp Web feature.
You can enable or disable this feature anytime if you don’t want to use it. In a nutshell, biometric authentication is a superb feature that’s great for folks who use WhatsApp on their computers.
Is Whatsapp Biometric Authentication Available for Everyone?
No, the feature isn’t yet available for all, and Android devices with fingerprint scanners and iOS (above 14+) can use this feature in the coming days. After some time, all the WhatsApp users will be able to use this feature once the messaging platform makes sure that it works fine and is ready for everyone out there.
How to use WhatsApp Web Biometric Feature?
Using the new feature is pretty easy, and we got a chance to try hands on it. Here’s how you can use it once it’s available in your region:
- Go to the WhatsApp Application on your phone, and open it.
- Now click on Settings Icon and tap on WhatsApp Web.
- You will see a popup that asks for authentication, and then you can access the QR code screen after getting authenticated.
Final Thoughts: What can you expect from this feature?
There’s no clarification from WhatsApp on when this feature will be available for everyone. So, keep checking it every day and update your mobile app. Stay tuned with us for more information about WhatsApp features and other latest news that you need to know.